24 whole fresh mushrooms
1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
splash of lemon juice
melted butter to dip mushroom caps in
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms & carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine (I use a food processor & only about 1/2 of stems – be sure to trim off tough end of stem).
2. Heat oil in skillet. Add chopped mushroom stems and garlic. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, being careful not to burn garlic. Stir in a splash of lemon juice.
3. Mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, bacon bits, and spices. Add mushroom/garlic mixture. Mixture will be very thick. Dip mushroom caps into melted butter (keeps them from drying out) and place on cooking sheet.
4. Spoon mixture into zip lock bag. Cut bottom corner of bag. Squeeze into mushroom caps.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until mushrooms are piping hot & liquid starts to form under caps.