1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (16 ounce) package gluten-free elbow macaroni
9 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 ounces processed cheese food, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
2.Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
4. In a large bowl, combine the mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
5. Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, melted processed cheese food, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.