1 California Avocado
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/2 6 oz can of green chilies
Juice of 1 lime
dash of kosher salt
1 lb fresh salmon
1/2 a California Avocado, mashed
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 medium egg, lightly beaten
1/2 C gluten-free breadcrumbs
red pepper flakes to taste
sprinkle of kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. In a food processor, place avocado, mayo, green chilies, lime juice and dash of kosher salt .
2. Pulse until smooth.
1. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and lightly season with your favorite seasoning blend and bake the salmon at 400°F for 14 minutes (or until tender, flaky).
2. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. While the salmon is cooling, mash the avocado.
3. Flake the salmon while removing the bones (if any).
4. Place the salmon in a medium bowl, add in the mashed avocado, dijon mustard, egg, GF bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Mix by hand until well blended.
5. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls by hand and flatten into discs. If you’re chilling them for later, place on a wax paper lined pan and cover.
6. Grill on a flat top, a cast iron skillet, or your favorite griddle. Just sear the outsides until crispy – takes about 6 minutes (3 per side).