2 tablespoons oil
1 lb sea scallops
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1-13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
1-2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Rinse scallops. Place on paper towel to dry tops and bottoms. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over a medium high heat. Pan-sear until browned on both sides. Do not overcook, as scallops can turn rubbery quickly.
3. Transfer scallops to plate and cover to keep warm. Add onions and ginger to skillet drippings. Mix well. Stirring occasionally, cook until onions are lightly browned.
4. Add 1/2 can Coconut Milk and Red Curry to skillet. Stirring, cook until curry is dissolved. Add remaining Coconut Milk and bring to a boil.
5. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add scallops back to skillet with any accumulated liquid. Simmer gently until scallops are warmed through.
6. Transfer scallops to serving bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro.