1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cubed
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion, diced
1/4 cup gluten-free flour
3 cups chicken broth
3 small sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
salt and pepper
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Heat butter in a medium saucepan, add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add flour, stir to make roux, cook for 5 minutes then slowly add stock until blended.
3. Add butternut squash, sweet potatoes, spices, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for 20-30 minutes.
5. Add cream. Remove from heat and puree the soup.
6. Return to the pot and reheat.