2 onions, quartered
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 (4-6 lb) pork butt or shoulder roast
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 cup cider vinegar
⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp granulated garlic
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1. Place onions in crock pot.
2. Blend brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over roast.
3. Place roast in crock pot. Drizzle liquid smoke over roast.
4. Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic and cayenne pepper and stir to mix well.
5. Drizzle about ⅓ of mixture over roast. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture.
6. Cook roast on low for 8-10 hours.
7. Remove meat and onions, discard onions and shred meat. Combine juices from crock pot and remaining vinegar mixture. Add mixture to the shredded meat as desired.