1 quart fresh strawberries
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
2-1/4 cups Jules gluten-free flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray cupcake cups with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners.
2. Place strawberries into a food processor and blend until smooth. Puree should equal about 1 1/4 cup. Set the puree aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, white sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and strawberry puree until well combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla pudding mix (for a moister cupcake). Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the cupcakes have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool at least 10 minutes before frosting.
5. Top with buttercream frosting and fresh strawberries.
Servings: 18 cupcakes